Software Description: WinHex v19.3 Crack Patch
WinHex is in its core a universal hexadecimaleditor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics,data recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security.
An advanced tool for everyday and emergency use: inspect and editall kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data from harddrives with corrupt file systems or from digital camera cards.WinHex will grant users access to data other programs hide fromthem.
Here are some key features of “WinHex”:
Disk cloning, disk imaging:
– to produce exact duplicates of disks/drives, e.g. to save thetime for a full installation of the operating system and othersoftware for several computers/disks of the same type, or to beable to restore a running installation in case of data loss/screwedup Windows (restoration of a backup). Also for computer forensicsspecialists, since they need to work on a copy when searching forevidence on the object disk. You can clone directly, or from animage file. Menu: Tools | Disk Tools | Clone Disk
– e.g. for debugging purposes (programming), forexamining/manipulating any running program and in particularcomputer games (cheating). Tools | RAM Editor
– e.g. to determine the type of data recovered as lost clusterchains by ScanDisk or chkdsk. Examples. Tools | Analyze File
Wiping confidential files or disks:
– …so no one (not even computer forensics specialists) will beable to retrieve them. To securely erase a file, use File Manager |Delete Irreversibly. For disk wiping, open the disk with the diskeditor and use Edit | Fill Disk Sectors. E.g. fill with zero bytes(hexadecimal value 00) or random bytes. WinHex works in accordancewith the standard outlined in DoD 5220.22-M (for details, pleasesee this white paper). Also see X-Ways Security.
Wiping unused space and slack space:
– …either to close security leaks, to securely destroy previouslyexisting classified files that have been deleted in the traditionalway only, or to minimize the size of your disk backups (like WinHexbackups or Norton Ghost backups), since initialized space can becompressed 99%. On NTFS drives, WinHex will even offer to wipe allcurrently unused $Mft (Master File Table) file records, as they maystill contain names and fragments of files previously stored inthem. File slack can be found in the unused end of the last clusterallocated to a file, which usually contains traces of previouslyexisting files. Slack space – like everything else – is processedby WinHex very fast. Also see X-Ways Security.
ASCII – EBCDIC conversion:
– Allows to exchange text between mainframe computers and the PC inboth directions. You may even tailor the character translationtable in WinHex (ebcdic.dat) for your own needs. Edit | Convert
– Binary, Hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S conversion
– z. B. for (E)PROM programmers. Edit | Convert
– Unifying and dividing odd and even bytes/words
– for (E)PROM programmers. File Manager | Unify/Dissect
Conveniently editing data structure:
– using custom templates. Download a tutorial. View | TemplateManager
Splitting files that do not fit on a disk:
– File Manager | Split/Concatenate
– WinHex as a reconnaissance and learning tool
Are you sure Microsoft Word really discards previous states of yourdocument? You may be surprised to find text deleted long ago inyour .doc files. Maybe text that you really do not wish to be seenby the person you are going to pass the .doc file to? Discover whatvarious software programs save in their files. Study unknown fileformats and learn how they work. Investigate e.g. how executablefiles are structured and how they are loaded in RAM. Thepossibilities are practically unlimited. Here is another importantone:
– Finding interesting values (e.g. the number of lives, ammunition,etc.) in saved game files
– using the Combined Search or using the File Comparison utility,for later manipulation
Manipulating saved game files:
– for any computer game, following existing instructions from cheatsites on the Internet or for developing your own cheats.
Upgrading MP3 jukeboxes and Microsoft Xbox with larger harddrive:
– To upgrade, the new hard disk must be prepared first. This iswhere you need WinHex. Instructions for Creative’s Nomad MP3jukebox, DAP jukebox and Microsoft Xbox. You can also change thename of your Xbox.
– …that one is not supposed to edit, e.g. in binary files. It isnot convenient, but possible to translate practically any softwareinto another language by editing text in the executable files, e.g.if the source code is not available (e.g. lost). Or you would liketo edit text in files of a certain binary type that the nativeapplication does not let you modify. For instance, programmers mayfind their compiler automatically creates a configuration file fortheir project whose filename (application name + .cfg) conflictswith a file their own software uses. If your local laws and thelicense permit that, edit the compiler’s executable file such thatit works without problems (e.g. with the filename extension“.cnf”).
– Viewing and manipulating files that usually cannot be edited
– because they are protected by Windows (e.g. the swap file,temporary files of the Internet Explorer), using the disk editor.Tools | Disk Editor
Viewing, editing, and repairing system areas:
– such as the Master Boot Record with its partition table and bootsectors. Tools | Disk Editor | Access button
Hiding data or discovering hidden data:
– …e.g. behind the supposed end of .jpg files (steganography), orin unused parts of logical drives or physical disks. WinHexspecifically supports access to surplus sectors that are not in useby the operating system because they do not add to an entirecluster or cylinder.
Copy & Paste:
– Use copy & paste or copy & write (=overwrite) with files,disks, and RAM. You may freely copy from a disk and write theclipboard contents to a disk, without regard to sectorboundaries!
– When editing, reverse any of your steps. Only restricted byavailable disk space. Edit | Undo
Jump back and forward:
– WinHex keeps a history of your offset jumps, and lets you go backand forward in the chain, like an Internet browser does. Position |Back/Forward
– Automated file editing using scripts, to accelerate recurringroutine tasks or to carry out certain tasks on unattended remotecomputers. The ability to execute scripts other than the suppliedsample scripts is limited to owners of a professional license.Scripts can be run from the Start Center or the command line. Whilea script is executed, you may press Esc to abort. With its widerrange of application, scripting supersedes the Routine featureknown from previous WinHex versions. Find out more about scripts inthe program help.
API (Application Programming Interface):
– Professional users may also make good use of WinHex’ advancedcapabilities in their own programs written in Delphi, C/C++, orVisual Basic. The WinHex API provides a convenient interface forrandom access to files and disks (at the sector level). Theprovided functions are similar to the scripting commands.
– for erroneously deleted files or generally after an experiencedloss of data. Can be done manually (see undeleting files) orautomatically. There is an automatic recovery mode for FAT12,FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS drives called “File Recovery by Name” thatsimply requires you to specify one or more file masks (like *.gif,John*.doc, etc.). WinHex will do the rest. Via the Access buttonmenu, a recovery mechanism is available for FAT drives whichre-creates entire nested directory structures (details here).Another mechanism (“File Recovery by Type”, formerly “fileretrieval”) can be used on any file system and recovers all filesof a certain type at a time. Supported file types: jpg, png, gif,tif, bmp, dwg, psd, rtf, xml, html, eml, dbx, xls/doc, mdb, wpd,eps/ps, pdf, qdf, pwl, zip, rar, wav, avi, ram, rm, mpg, mpg, mov,asf, mid. In particular owners of digital cameras quite oftenencounter problems with their media. WinHex is likely to help withthis automated function that makes good use of the existence offile headers (characteristic signatures at the beginning of afile). Tools | Disk Tools | File Retrieval
– WinHex is an invaluable tool in the hands of computerinvestigative specialists in private enterprise and lawenforcement.
Trusted download (a security issue):
– When transferring unclassified material from a classified harddisk drive to unclassified media, you need to be certain that acopied file will have no extraneous information in any cluster orsector “overhang” spuriously copied along with the actual file,since this slack space may still contain classified data from atime when it was allocated to a different file. The command Tools |Specialist Tools | Copy exactly copies the file in its currentsize, no entire sectors or clusters. Not one byte beyond the end ofthe file will be copied to the destination disk. Minimize your ITrisks. Requires a specialist license.
– to make files unreadable by others. Edit | Convert
– to make sure a file is not corrupt and was not manipulated, or toidentify common known files. Tools | Calculate Hash.
Generating pseudo-random data:
– for various (e.g. scientific simulation) purposes. Edit | FillFile
Installer Size: 5.3 MB